Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

breast rash

(11 Posts)
echofalls Mon 14-Sep-09 18:53:40

have an appointment with my GP on thursday morning but thought I'd post on here to see if anyone else has experienced this....

Have very lumpy breasts during my period, they are tender and really swell for around a week then they go back to normal. For the last few weeks I have been having stabbing pains in my right breast not constant but quite sore when it happens. Since Thursday I have had a very red, hot, angry itchy rash on the top of my right breast. Had tried sudocream on it and last night tried aqeous cream....its still there.

googled last night wish I hadn't sad

can anyone reassure me they have had this and its nothing to worry about

echofalls Mon 14-Sep-09 18:54:42

also when I was bending over to wash my dd hair last night I had pain in my right armpit, can't find any lumps there

mmrsceptic Mon 14-Sep-09 18:56:11

am also going to doc with breast issues this week

nothing to help with except hope it goes well for you echo

echofalls Mon 14-Sep-09 19:01:50

mmrsceptic - hope everything goes fine for you too smile

Elibean Mon 14-Sep-09 19:13:34

What does your rash look like? Poor echo, I have googled breast things in the past and was utterly convinced I had IBC. Its good you're going to the GP, but do keep reminding yourself the odds are far, far higher that its something boring and treatable like urticaria or an allergic reaction of some sort.

echofalls Mon 14-Sep-09 19:22:47

its red raised rash, when I came upon pictures of IBC it did look like what was on one of the pics.. thats whats worrying. Its a small area probably only about 3inches wide, 1 inch long. Its very itchy too. The rash isn't anywhere else on my body. The stabbing pain is there but not too bad tonight.

Your are probably right, a friend today suggested mastitis and said to put a cabbage leaf inside my bra which I have done smile

Elibean Mon 14-Sep-09 19:34:31

Lots of things are raised red rashes, and IBC is extraordinarily rare.

It sounds a lot like urticaria, or some sort of skin infection, but you're right to get it checked out, of course - and besides, a medical opinion is the only thing that could reassure you!

I know someone who had IBC (she's fine today, five years on smile) and she said the itching she had with it was on the inside, not on the surface - if that makes sense. She also had 'orange peel' skin over it, which is a classic symptom apparently.

Hope the hours pass fast till Thursday morning smile

echofalls Mon 14-Sep-09 19:39:32

Elibean thanks so much smile my other problem is that I've lost 3 stone in the last 6 months so my boobs don't look or feel like mines anymore so its hard to not think the worst. I wouldn't say they had an orange peel look but the skin is wrinkled but prob due to my boobs shrinking rapidly

Just had another look and agree it is very very rare to have IBC so I just need to chill till Thursday and resist to urge to scratch the rash like mad!

Elibean Mon 14-Sep-09 20:06:41

Good for you. Easier said than done, eh?! I had a few weeks of mental torment when my nipple was puckering (or so I thought), I had shooting pains (turned out to be hormonal, as yours very likely are given that you react a lot to cyclical hormone patterns!) and an itchy nipple. So I do understand.

Also remembering my friend's story, she didn't even have a rash - just inner itching, and then swelling.

Have you tried antihistamine cream on the rash? Like insect bite relief? If its an allergy, it might help...

echofalls Mon 14-Sep-09 21:26:54

I've taken antihistamine but don't have any cream in the house I can use. Sudocream calmed it last night so will put some on before bed

thanks again!

Elibean Sun 20-Sep-09 21:37:16

Just back online after house move...how'd it go, Echo?

Hope all better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now