Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

When does heavy bleeding become a problem?

(3 Posts)
OrmIrian Mon 14-Sep-09 13:42:53

Have had a few years of irregular periods - might not get one for 9 weeks and then 2 in weeks. Sometimes they are quite heavy sometimes hardly any blood. I am 44 and am fairly certain I'm heading the the Big M although blood tests this time last year showed nothing (but that doesn't mean much apparently). I am also halving my dose of citalopram - not sure if that is or is not relevant.

But now I've been bleeding for about 2 weeks now - first few days very light, last 10days very heavy indeed.

Any ideas or advice please?

Maria1000 Mon 14-Sep-09 15:02:58

Had exactly the same problem for years until I moved home and so had a new GP who recommended fitting the Myrena coil. It really changed my life. It is obviously used as contraception, but has all but eliminated periods. Cannot recommend this enough!

OrmIrian Mon 14-Sep-09 15:49:49

OK. Thanks maria. DH has had the snip so I don't need contraception. No unwanted side effects?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now