Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Had a 'fuuny turn' in the shops

(6 Posts)
saffy202 Fri 03-Jun-05 19:56:47

Was taking the kids to the cinema today and needed to take some stuff back to Primark. It was hot and v busy and while standing in the return's line I came over feeling funny. My vision became blurry and I had to go and sit down, I couldn't focus very well and was shaking uncontrollably. I then started retching but hadn't had anything to eat ( which was just as well)
Felt better after 10 minutes apart from my neck feeling stiff and around my ears aching.

This has happened before but only when I was pregnant - know it's defnitely not that Then it was put down to low blood pressure but the nurse only checked it a fortnight ago and it was normal.

I will get it checked out but wonder if it's happened to anyone else or what else it could be?

giraffeski Fri 03-Jun-05 19:58:19

Message withdrawn

dinny Fri 03-Jun-05 19:59:46

Saffy, I have had this bug (cold, tummy thing) that nearly made me keel over in shops yesterday. could it be that?

saffy202 Fri 03-Jun-05 20:04:15

It could be a tummy bug as I had awful griping pains last night. Re the not eating - I never eat breakfast and never have so I would have thought my body might be used to it I just don't seem to have a big appetite - I eat to survive iyswim!!

emeraldefmach Fri 03-Jun-05 20:11:36

Sounds like your blood sugar levels dropped and you needed a bit of sugar. Combined with being warm in the shop, your blood pressure was probably on the low side and caused the funny feeling and nausea. I'm prone to this and it's horrible. Drink lots of fluids and eat lots of energy releasing food. Poor you.

dinny Fri 03-Jun-05 20:13:31

ooh, have had those griping pains, so has dd. probably that, Saffy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now