Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

can a atooth infection cause sickness?

(10 Posts)
juicychops Sun 13-Sep-09 17:35:59

i have had an infection in my wisdom tooth for nearly a week now. since wednesday i have felt so sick. sometimes worse than others. last night i actually was sick after i had eaten, and today i have felt really sick from my chest all the way down to my stomach its like an acidy feel sick feeling. anyway, just had a bite of ds's savaloy after not eating anything other than digestive biscuits with my antibiotics and ended up throwing up stomach acid stuff.

ive only been taking the abs since yesterday lunchtime.

could this be the tooth infection spreading around my blood stream or something? up until yesterday i was putting it down to food poisoning of some sort

noddyholder Sun 13-Sep-09 17:41:24

It is prob the tablets.Is it metronizadole they made me really sick

juicychops Sun 13-Sep-09 17:56:00

no its erythromycin. i suppose the tablets may be adding to the sickness, but ive been feeling sick since wed now but only been taking tablets since yesterday lunchtime

just ate a nice dinner. not too much but prob good enough for someone feeling sick and shitty. i just was so hungry and if im gunna be sick again (which is likely) id rather have something in my belly to throw up

juicychops Sun 13-Sep-09 18:24:34

anyone else got any experience of this to add to reasure me?

juicychops Sun 13-Sep-09 19:39:10

bump

nickinoo Sun 13-Sep-09 21:03:59

Im fairly sure its a very common side effect of erythromycin. My daughter was put on it for an ear infection and was very sick with it - I took her off it in the end and the dr gave her something else.

I hope you feel better soon.

random Sun 13-Sep-09 21:06:24

Have you been taking painkillers? sometimes taking lots of painkillers makes me feel sick

Ewe Sun 13-Sep-09 21:19:29

I had sickness when I had a severe tooth infection recently, I figured it was a bit like when babies are teething and the infection/excess saliva causes a different pH in the stomach hence the sickness. That is just my guess!

Mine went after 3 days on Metronizadole and another anti biotic I can't remember the name of. Hope you feel better soon.

welshdeb Sun 13-Sep-09 22:39:20

Erythromycin makes you feel very sick and nauseous.

juicychops Tue 15-Sep-09 13:19:14

hiya everyone. still getting the sickness. not constantly, but when i eat certain things (things that arnt plain and tasteless) ive been getting stomach pains and feeling sick. its mainly in my chest now like really acidy pain and acidy sickness feeling. it will be a week tomorrow so will be going docs. also ive stopped taking the antibiotics so it cant be them causing it. im thinkiing maybe the original dodgy food i ate has messed up my insides as my tooth is nearly better so cant be that causing it anymore either

getting so fed up of feeling like this. my stomach also keeps feeling really bloated like im pregnant

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now