Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

My coil's coming out again - do I just have a crap cervix?

(11 Posts)
wem Sun 13-Sep-09 11:18:56

I had my coil replaced a few weeks ago because it was coming out. I've just checked it and I can feel it coming out again. Am I going to have to find different contraception?

wem Sun 13-Sep-09 11:32:48

Anyone? I really don't want to use hormone contraception again.

southeastastra Sun 13-Sep-09 11:55:18

are you definitely sure it's coming out and not just moved slightly? mine sometimes feels like it's coming out when it isn't.

wem Sun 13-Sep-09 14:31:20

well I thought that last time and left it a while. When I checked again quite a bit was sticking out and I had to get it replaced. The doctor said you should only be able to feel the strings when it's in properly, and I can definitely feel the end of the actual coil.

wem Sun 13-Sep-09 16:31:19

Another little bump - anyone else had trouble with the coil?

wem Sun 13-Sep-09 19:13:16

One more bump for luck

silentcatastrophe Sun 13-Sep-09 19:58:17

Have you been back to the family planning to get it checked? Maybe a different doc? It really depends a lot on who fits it.

I got pg with a coil, and they think it may have moved when I was very ill. Really worth getting it checked out!

expatinscotland Sun 13-Sep-09 20:05:11

bump because i know there are a couple of posters on here who've had coils fall out, more than once even.

wem Sun 13-Sep-09 20:10:02

Thanks expat

I'll go and get it checked definitely. I just wondered whether they're likely to tell me, well it's happened twice already, we're not going to put another one in, and I'll have to use something else.

CJCregg Wed 16-Sep-09 14:48:44

Hello, only just seen this thread ...

I had two mirena coils fall out very soon after they were put in (by GP). I had really heavy periods after DD, and the first time the coil was put in the next period swept it out again. I also got pregnant - without realising it - as the second coil had shifted or not implanted properly.

Eventually I had a coil put in under GA in hospital, and that one stayed put.

Don't know if that help or not.

(I'm also secretly terrified at the moment that this one has also failed as I suspect I may be pg again, which is nothing short of a disaster, but don't want to hijack the thread.)

peppapighastakenovermylife Sun 27-Sep-09 20:40:18

Both mine fell out I'm afraid - one just popped out one night and the other I practically gave birth to with bad cramps and sort of pushing hmm

I do wonder whether some peoples bodies just dont like having something shoved up there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now