Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Why are my periods no longer regular :0(

(4 Posts)
ForestFloor Sat 12-Sep-09 22:20:13

I used to be on a regular 28-29 day cycle, until after my second child (4yrs ago). It now varies between 22 and 30 days, which for many people might not be much, but for me it is very different. I am late 30's now, so it tstarted in my mid 30's - could i be the start of menopause? Should I see a GP or it it 'normal'? Is there anything I can do to make them more regular? Ta.

SOLOisMeredithGrey Sun 13-Sep-09 09:08:51

My experience was the opposite of yours. I had a cycle of anywhere between 24 and 34 days but, after my first birth at the age of 34, my cycle went to a regular 28 days. I then went on to have my Dd 8+ years later and had the Mirena put in after 3 and a half months and that was a nightmare and having recently had that removed, I'm waiting to see if I have a regular cycle again at age 45. This month has been 25 days, so I'm not sure how it'll pan out yet.

I, in my opinion only, think it's more to do with hormones linked with children than menopause, but then, we are all different, so the only way to know for sure if you don't want to leave it to nature, is talk to your GP.

Good luck.

silentcatastrophe Sun 13-Sep-09 09:49:18

My periods are shorter than what they were too and I have been wondering the same sort of thing. I still haven't mentioned it to my gp in case it rights itself, or perhaps this is the new way of being. I guess a hormone check would confirm any changes.

TheFoosa Sun 13-Sep-09 10:49:29

I'm the same, late 30's, periods used to be 28 days on the dot

now anything between 21 and 30

I have mentioned it to my GP but she was very meh about it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now