Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

hideous bowels and PMT with maybe TMI

(7 Posts)
littlebrownmouse Sat 12-Sep-09 16:32:38

I am the only person in the world to get hideous, foul smelling bowels in the few days before my period? The day before I'm due on, I'm forever on the toilet and what comes out isn't nice and yet I can't find this listed in any PMT symptoms anywhere. Is it just me?

highfive Sat 12-Sep-09 16:40:18

No, you are not alone! This happens to me too. I also often get diarrhoea or loose stools all the way through my period. Hideous....

hippomother Sat 12-Sep-09 16:45:13

Me three. And like highfive, it continues throughout my period. Thank god for moist toilet wipes.

littlebrownmouse Sat 12-Sep-09 16:46:30

Phew, glad its not just me! It is grim though and strange as until recently, I was always constipated from about a few days before and until the day I came on and then was fine. Odd that its suddenly changed so dramatically.

AnAuntieNotAMum Sat 12-Sep-09 17:04:31

Constipation pre periods is usual, due to progesterone as progersterone slows the digestive process.

We've been talking about this on another thread about IBD - have you been checked for endometriosis?

piprabbit Sat 12-Sep-09 17:12:29

I thought it was just me..... constipation in the lead up to my period then diarrhoea for the first couple of days of my period.

Cheers for the double whammy, mother nature angry.

Malificence Sat 12-Sep-09 21:57:29

Yep, count me in, lovely isn't it? Rectal cramps that stop me in my tracks as well.
I also have an episode of "looseness" around ovulation too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now