Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

anyone know the homeopathic remedy for....

(11 Posts)
sorrel Fri 03-Jun-05 14:12:49

phlegm- sorry disgusting i know, but we all( me DH and dd and DDad have some strange flegmy cold with a slight temperature. no runny nose or sore throat, just feeling wrecked and mucusy...
yuk!

stitch Fri 03-Jun-05 14:57:14

gargle with salt water.

MistressMary Fri 03-Jun-05 14:58:37

olbas loin in boiling water with towel over the head, old fashioned but it clears the catarrh and mucus.

Titania Fri 03-Jun-05 14:59:09

dont drink milk...makes you produce more phlegm. Dont drink orange juice cos it thickens it.

homemade lemon and honeys the best!!

MistressMary Fri 03-Jun-05 14:59:26

Woah I meant olbas oil.
Olbas loin. haha

lucy5 Fri 03-Jun-05 15:02:12

sounds freudian to me mm

sorrel Fri 03-Jun-05 15:05:17

thanks everyone. have olbas oil in the house and have been using it- also vicks vaporub on dd. have looked online and might try lycopodium as well as it can be used for mucus and also for restlessness ( we are all feeling unsettled)
Have been avoiding milk , but didn't know OJ could have a similar effect.
thanks again

sorrel Fri 03-Jun-05 15:06:00

won't put the oil on my loins tho

lunachic Fri 03-Jun-05 16:46:19

think goldenseal tincture is a herbal one or try this site
which is great for finding remedies
cor i just love that link (second time today !)

spacedonkey Fri 03-Jun-05 16:50:24

Try mixing a few drops of Niaouli essential oil with honey and using as a medicine. You can also take the oil on half a spoonful of sugar.

spacedonkey Fri 03-Jun-05 16:51:33

sorry, meant to add that would only be suitable for adults

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: