Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Had the lightest period that seems to have pretty much stopped after 24 hours.

(40 Posts)
pinkchampagne Sat 12-Sep-09 09:48:50

Had a little bleeding after sex on Thursday but was very light - looked quite pink. Wasn't concerned as was around the time my period was due & had feeling it was on its way (tender breasts, slight cramp etc) for a good week or so. Normally it will start light and then get heavier, but this seemed to get lighter (slightly brown discharge) & since last night it appears to have stopped altogether, although I still have the period symptoms. Maybe it will pick up again but this seems unusual. Anyone got any ideas what is happening here?

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Sat 12-Sep-09 09:51:25

implantation bleed?
cervical erosion aggravated by sex?

CarGirl Sat 12-Sep-09 09:54:30

I think same as ILikeToMoveIt

possibly pregnant but still had period, or implantation bleed or something not quite right.

Off to the drs asap

pinkchampagne Sat 12-Sep-09 09:58:36

OMG, have just read about implantation bleed & worried now!shock Had antibiotics last month.

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Sat 12-Sep-09 10:02:36

I shouldn't worry too much, it's probably all fine.

How old are you? Could it be pre menopause symptoms?

pinkchampagne Sat 12-Sep-09 10:03:33

Nearly 37 so hope it isn't menopause already!

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Sat 12-Sep-09 10:06:34

I don't know much about it tbh but as the name suggests pre menopause is the stage before going into the menopause.

pinkchampagne Sat 12-Sep-09 10:08:17

Just looked up that too! Premature menopause only happens to 1% of woman under 45 so wouldn't have thought it was that.

CarGirl Sat 12-Sep-09 10:18:42

not premature menopause but peri menopausal - it's the stage like puberty but at the end of fertile stage. Can last for up to 10 years before the menopause.

CarGirl Sat 12-Sep-09 10:20:26

www.project-aware.org/Experience/perimenopause.shtml HTH

pinkchampagne Sat 12-Sep-09 10:54:12

Thanks for the link. Hmm, there is a chance it could be that I guess but I haven't noticed many of the symptoms they describe. Not sure about length between cycles as been controlled by pill for two years. Never had a light period that just stops like this before. They are always a good 5 days & get quite heavy during first couple of days. This one was barely there at all.

Restrainedrabbit Sat 12-Sep-09 11:01:34

Get thee a pregnancy test young lady! THis happened to me with DS wink

pinkchampagne Sat 12-Sep-09 11:09:29

Oh my goodness, did it, RR?

EldonAve Sat 12-Sep-09 11:17:33

pee on a stick

CarGirl Sat 12-Sep-09 11:19:37

ooooo please go test just for us.

pinkchampagne Sat 12-Sep-09 11:28:57

Oh my goodness, can you imagine my family's reaction to that if it was the case, CC!!

Don't have any tests here as the possibility of pregnancy hadn't entered my head! Will give it a few hours to see if it all picks up again & if not will get a test. <suddenly wishing I had name changed for this thread!!>

CarGirl Sat 12-Sep-09 11:30:31

Hopefully it may piss of your ex enough to get him to back off!!!!

Anitbotic usage, there's def a possiblity. Just get a test to put your mind at rest otherwise you're going to stress about it now that we've suggested it.

pinkchampagne Sat 12-Sep-09 11:33:20

Too right I will, CC! As soon as it was mentioned I felt sick all of a sudden, just at the thought!

Ex h now has himself a girlfriend don't you know! Hoping that will help pull him away from the family a bit but not holding my breath!

pinkchampagne Sat 12-Sep-09 11:43:47

Feeling a bit scared all of a sudden!

CarGirl Sat 12-Sep-09 11:50:26

Hopefully it will all be fine. How old are your boys now? You are fairly settled with your not so new man aren't you, it wouldn't be a complete disaster would it?

PrettyCandles Sat 12-Sep-09 11:51:00

Even the most normal, healthy woman can have the occasional blip in her periods. If you were ill or had had a very stressful time you might have skipped an ovulation. That could lead to a very light period. Similarly a period can stop in its tracks for the same reason - my period totally dried up on day 2 the day after my cat died, and restarted 3 or 4 days later.

TBH I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens again. Probably sensible to do a pgcy test, though.

pinkchampagne Sat 12-Sep-09 12:02:15

My boys are 6 & 10, CC. I guess it wouldn't be a total disater, although a bit of a shock. We are not yet even living together!

I have been quite poorly with a nasty sinus & chest infection and I had quite a stressful month last month so that could be the case I guess, PC.

pinkchampagne Sat 12-Sep-09 17:04:14

Bought a test but too scared to do it yet!!

EldonAve Sat 12-Sep-09 17:08:18

so will you wait for the morning then?

pinkchampagne Sat 12-Sep-09 17:10:46

Maybe I will. Know I should just do it, but now the idea is in my head that it is a possibility, I am scared.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now