Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Trying to be sensible but am very worried :0(

(30 Posts)
trefusis Thu 10-Sep-09 17:41:14

Message withdrawn

saggarmakersbottomknocker Thu 10-Sep-09 20:09:52

So sorry that you're worried trefusis. I have no real experience of this - grim periods but that's normal for me.

Anyway - hope this 'bump' will bring along someone who can offer some reassurance. Take care.

thisisyesterday Thu 10-Sep-09 20:12:07

aww trefusis, i don't suppose we can stop you worrying, but you know, even if it is something like cancer (which statistically i am guessing it probably isn;t) at least you are being seen.
i think that's the key thing. you're being seen and you will get treatment for whatever it is causing your symptoms.

hope it all goes well at the end of the month and you can try and relax a little bit before then

kreecherlivesupstairs Fri 11-Sep-09 08:33:01

At least you've made the move toward diagnosis. I really need to go and have a smear (last one was around 5 years ago), but I truly can't bear the idea of anyone fettling around in my fanny at the moment.

trefusis Fri 11-Sep-09 12:17:26

Message withdrawn

BellaNoir Fri 11-Sep-09 14:00:11

trefusis - if you know you have endometriosis then you probably are aware that the endometrial tissue 'seeds' outside the uterine cavity. This can include the cervix.
If this is the case then the cervical 'endometrial' tissue is obviously accessible to bumping and bruising during, erm, fettling smile which could lead to bleeding. An etropion/erosion is also possible, as could be a combination of both.

(NB I am not a medic, I work in a cervical screening lab)
We have to know about stuff like this, as it can appear on Pap tests, so we need to know what it is we're looking at down the microscope.
Colposcopy certainly sounds a sensible route and fingers crossed all will be well.
I'll have a bit more a look around the web to find you a link for more info..back later.

trefusis Fri 11-Sep-09 20:20:57

Message withdrawn

BellaNoir Fri 11-Sep-09 20:39:27

No probs - hope the colposcopy appt goes ok & may be speak to them about your other symptoms. They should be able to arrange for you to see the gynae (often gynaecologists also do colposcopy anyway) as your symptoms might be the endometriosis flaring up(1)

(1) I am not saying that is the case, just those are similar symptoms to what turned about to be endometriosis in my case.

thisisyesterday Fri 11-Sep-09 20:46:19

just for you trefusis.

trefusis Fri 11-Sep-09 20:46:21

Message withdrawn

trefusis Fri 11-Sep-09 20:46:54

Message withdrawn

pushmepullyou Fri 11-Sep-09 20:53:37

Agree on the endo. I've had it for years and have very similar symptoms, including the bleeding after sex, stomach upsets, clotting and painful periods.

Do you ever get what the doctors charmingly call 'flooding', where you get sudden gushes of blood during your period? Apparently that is a classic endo symptom.

I know it can cause problems conceiving, but I very fortunately got pregnant the first month of 'trying' on one shag - so it's not necessarily the case.

trefusis Fri 11-Sep-09 21:19:49

Message withdrawn

pushmepullyou Fri 11-Sep-09 21:41:02

I know, I was diagnosed in my early twenties and advised to have children as soon as possible. Totally not an option for me then, given my typical quality of boyfriend!

DH and I started TTC when I was 31 basically so we could have a year or trying and be referred for IVF. Imagine our surprise....

trefusis Fri 11-Sep-09 21:42:26

Message withdrawn

trefusis Mon 28-Sep-09 16:05:14

Message withdrawn

RumourOfAHurricane Mon 28-Sep-09 17:23:08

Message withdrawn

twirlymum Mon 28-Sep-09 17:43:31

I have all these syptoms, but have had in internal scan which showed nothing. I have a appt in November, and I'm hoping it will be endemitriosis rather than anything else.

I'm sure it will be ok, if it was urgent they would have asked you to come in immediately.

trefusis Mon 28-Sep-09 17:45:34

Message withdrawn

trefusis Mon 28-Sep-09 17:46:23

Message withdrawn

trefusis Mon 28-Sep-09 17:48:20

Message withdrawn

Jumente Mon 28-Sep-09 17:49:21

Yes I think often they will rush you in if it is bad news iyswim. So they tell you results will take 2 weeks then you get a phone call 2 days later type of thing.

I hope it is nothing to be worried about, but understand how horrid it is to be scared.

Good luck Tref x

Jumente Mon 28-Sep-09 17:49:22

Yes I think often they will rush you in if it is bad news iyswim. So they tell you results will take 2 weeks then you get a phone call 2 days later type of thing.

I hope it is nothing to be worried about, but understand how horrid it is to be scared.

Good luck Tref x

Jumente Mon 28-Sep-09 17:49:38

How did that happen?

RumourOfAHurricane Mon 28-Sep-09 17:54:32

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now