Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How long did it take for our periods to stop after getting your coil fitted?

(6 Posts)
waitingforbetterdays Thu 10-Sep-09 15:55:33

Thats it really, I had mine fitted 5months ago and they have not stopped yet. I know everyone is different but would like to get an idea of others.

I had really heavy periods before having it fitted and they are lighter now, but still have not stopped.

Sidge Thu 10-Sep-09 15:59:28

Is it a Mirena coil?

They won't necessarily stop.

midnightexpress Thu 10-Sep-09 15:59:47

I had mine fitted in January and still get something 'period-like', for want of a better word. Usually in the form of slight cramps and some light bleeding for a day or two. But nothing like I was getting before (and I was not particularly heavy really, certainly after day 1).

I am not sure, but I think in some women they don't completely disappear.

midnightexpress Thu 10-Sep-09 16:00:07

x-posts

bargainhuntingbetty Thu 10-Sep-09 16:01:33

I had my coild fitted in February adn am still getting DAILY bleeding. Am seriously thinkin about going to get it removed. sad and angry. Sorry if I have put a dampner on your thread.

waitingforbetterdays Thu 10-Sep-09 16:37:12

Yes the marina coil.

Thats ok barginhunting, sorry its not working out for you. I had daily bleeding for about a month. Then very light periods that lasted for longer then a week. Now I have periods for about a week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now