Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ouch! I have got an infected finger!

(6 Posts)
weegiemum Thu 10-Sep-09 09:36:31

Not so much looking for advice as sympathy tbh!

I woke up this morning with the top of my right index finger all swollen and red round the nail bed. Its a whitlow, I get them occasionally (am a nail-biter) but boy this one is a sore one!

It's not ready to pop (that is the fun bit!) and because it is my right hand and my index finger it is really interfering with typing on MN what I can do! It was agony to spray my deoderant this morning.

So owwww. Poor me!

milknosugarplease Thu 10-Sep-09 10:57:53

owww!!

when i get them the only thing that helps is putting a plaster on, so it has pressure on it iygqim!

you have my sympathy!
i cheese grated my knuckles at work yesterday and the sympathy i got? the kids going "DONT GET BLOOD ON MY FOOD/BOOK/NINTEDNO!" thanks guys!

xxxx

weegiemum Thu 10-Sep-09 11:00:34

Yes I have a really tight plaster on it/just below it as I find that helps the throbbing and usually helps it to come to a head sooner too.

Needs to pop by about 7pm as that is when dh comes home! He's a GP and has this mantra "If there's pus about, let it out" and he will want to jab me with some pointy instrument out of his bag!!

kreecherlivesupstairs Thu 10-Sep-09 13:22:40

What about spreading some bactroban or similar on it?

Flowertop Thu 10-Sep-09 14:33:03

I had one last week and was agony. Steralised a needle and popped it in - pure joy!! Lots of pus (sorry if tmi) and now all is well.
XX

milknosugarplease Thu 10-Sep-09 21:57:55

did it pop by 7pm?!

m xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now