Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Rectoceles/prolapse etc - Has anyone tried Whole Woman techniques?

(2 Posts)
lotsofchocs Wed 09-Sep-09 23:23:13

Hi,

I've got an appointment with a consultant tomorrow to decide whether to have a rectocele op. It all seems a bit new age and hippy but I was wondering if there is anything in the Whole Woman technique - http://www.wholewoman.com/ - anyone tried it and had good results?

(Or has anyone opted for surgery and now think it's a great/terrible idea?)

Many thanks!

jillycoop Sun 11-Oct-09 05:25:19

My rectocele has too many tears in the tissue to use the whole woman techniques. i was also assisting bowel movements, called splinting, when I was in the loo. So I had surgery 9 weeks ago. It fixed the rectocele, but I feel all the surgical areas where the stitches are - what I mean is that my privates feel differnt and it is irritating, sort os like having a tampon stuck in there,
I would have gone to a uro-gynecologist for this surgery. Anyway I had a porcine graft as well. the whole thing has been de-humanizing and hard, but the rectocele go fixed. I would not do it again if i could go back in time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now