Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

advice needed....

(12 Posts)
starlover Thu 02-Jun-05 20:16:38

further to my sicky baby thread...
getting a bit worried about DS now.

I fed him at about 7.15 and since then he has been sick at least 4/5 times. Makes no difference if he is lying down, sat up etc etc...

Seems like everything I give him is coming straight back out.
Other than this he seems ok in himself... quite smily and happy...

Should I give him another feed? Or not?

SenoraPostrophe Thu 02-Jun-05 20:22:49

Do you ahve any ebm? I'd give him that. Or water.

If he really isn't keeping anything down you should take him to the docs tomorrow (I think they say to worry if 3 feeds get sicked up?)

starlover Thu 02-Jun-05 20:23:49

have a small amount of EBM.... not enough for a feed, but i'll give it to him in a bit.

starlover Thu 02-Jun-05 20:28:54

bump...

cherith Thu 02-Jun-05 20:32:14

What's EBM?

starlover Thu 02-Jun-05 20:38:47

expressed breast milk

LIZS Thu 02-Jun-05 20:47:15

Try the ebm and see if it stays down - if it is a tummy bug then you can still offer breastmilk but not formula. If he can't keep anything down (ie pukes that all back) then switch to Dioralyte (sp) rehydration fluid, available from a chemist, and ring your dr in the morning to see how long beofre you should attempt to reintroduce any milk or be seen by a dr if it persists.

cherith Thu 02-Jun-05 20:47:36

I just keep stumbberling on the mummys computer jargon. Either that or I have not come across it because I did not breast feed. I assume that breast feeding is BF when typing.

starlover Thu 02-Jun-05 20:49:03

I will give the EBM as a dreamfeed. He has been a little bit sicky for a few days now (since switching to formula)... but not to this extent.

Strangely enough he keeps it all down after his dreamfeed, and after his 5am feed... every other time it gets puked back!

cherith Thu 02-Jun-05 20:49:50

I think U should listen to Liz. She seems well informed.

LIZS Fri 03-Jun-05 19:42:03

how has he been today ?

starlover Fri 03-Jun-05 21:08:25

was ok this morning... this afternoon very sicky again.
Have changed him from the aptamil, onto Hipp Organic to see if that makes any difference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now