Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Hooray i have been referred for sterilisation!!!!

(7 Posts)
Kathrina Wed 09-Sep-09 11:52:15

After my Mirena coil came out in May this yr i have been trying to get another coil fitted but with no luck. (the coil was in just under 3 yrs) I have been on Cerazette since June an i have been nothing short of vicious to everyone. I have had vile mood swings, pelvic, back, leg pain and migraines which i have not had in 14 yrs!

I went to the FPC last night for a coil fitting but instead i had to have swabs which i never had with the Mirena. I asked what the swabs were for and was told STI's I have only ever had 2 sexual partners and i have been with my hubby for over 13 yrs!!! I told the GP about the side affects i was getting from Cerazette and she said i should just carry on with it for another month until the fitting. I told her i couldnt as my marriage was rock bottom because of my moods. So i have been given a new mini-pill Femulen for the next month until i can be seen again.

Last night i came to the conclusion that i am fed up of taking different pills and chucked them! I made an app with my GP and he has agreed for me to be sterilised i am really happy now as i was getting no where with the FPC. So me and hubby are keeping away from each other he has agreed to sleep on the sofa until things are sorted.

PurpleLostPrincess Wed 09-Sep-09 12:15:10

Good for you, although sorry to hear you've had to go through all that! I begged to be sterilised but my GP said the consultant wouldn't agree to it unless I had tried the coil which I was reluctant as I have suffered from migraines all my life. I've had a few other things happen that have delayed/cancelled the coil fitting for now. I'm quite sure the STI test is standard as they did it on me and my friend said the same... Hope things all go well!

Kathrina Wed 09-Sep-09 14:35:49

Thank you. I had a crafty look at my notes last night at the FPC and i have been on 8 different types of contraceptive pill, the depo injection and the Mirena coil phew that is a lot in 14 yrs!!

My GP was a bit reluctant at first (i am 29) until i explained i had my first child young,have 2 girls and a boy, couldn't afford another child and the FPC are arsing me about! So he has agreed thank goodness!

Just don't understand the swab thing as i never had them before my Mirena was fitted it must be routine now.

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 09-Sep-09 20:56:53

I am SO envious, when I delivered my dd I asked my obstetrician to tie my tubes, she was very apologetic in a lovely way but declined. Essentially the problem was me delivering at 37 for the first time after a lot of treeatment. I had told her that pregnancy for me was the worst thing I'd ever experienced. She said, in not too many words using euphamisms that, if dd died within 6 months I'd want to try again. Om the day of our dd's entry to the world, just before my ga started I tried to persuade the divine Dr L of Sultan Qaboos university hospital that I did not ever want to find myself pregnant again. FAIL! She would not even condider it. Hey ho,enjoy your fertilitly free shagging.

Oblomov Wed 09-Sep-09 21:52:56

Pleased for you. I had mine done a few months ago. I was shocked at how bad the recovery was. Same as my cs. Just to warn you. But still think it was one of the best things I've done. Hope you get seen soon and 'done'soon. Best of luck.

Kathrina Thu 10-Sep-09 19:15:16

Thank you all i will keep you posted on how i go x

morethan1 Mon 14-Sep-09 10:05:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now