Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

abetadad - can i pick your brains

(5 Posts)
candyfluff Tue 08-Sep-09 19:58:38

in regards to the omeprazole tablets im on and you have tried they are making me feel so ill that i thought i had a uti ,saw gp and was tested for one and it wasnt so now i have daily stomach cramps.
what is the alterative to them ?
can stay on them but suffer so bad without them .
be pleased to hear what you think
tia

candyfluff Wed 09-Sep-09 08:52:12

bump
can anyone help with this
i cant et in to see my gp until next wednesday - im not going to take anymore of theomeprazole after the awfulstomach cramps i had yesterday,but what can i do for the acid in the meantime

loopylou6 Wed 09-Sep-09 09:00:39

so these tabs are for acide yeah? i dont think they should bemaking your tummy cramp? have you trid over the counter tabs like ranitidine? ooohh by the way hows the period thing going? i had the period from hell last month, first one since stopping the pill, it was soo painful and heavy, havent come on this month tho.

candyfluff Wed 09-Sep-09 10:22:47

yeah for acid,yeah i have read on the net that theycan cause a whole host of side effects and they have given me a headache everyday too.
i havent taken one today
periods are fine ,have got much better and more in a good patern,last months was only 3 days and wasnt too painful but the month before that was horrendous.

candyfluff Wed 09-Sep-09 10:28:56

loopy did you mean zantac? have got some of that wil try it again although it didnt work before when i took it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now