Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

All that glitters is not Shiney..or ' little pickers wear big knickers.. ' Join us..

(1002 Posts)
RumourOfAHurricane Tue 08-Sep-09 14:24:40

Message withdrawn

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 08-Sep-09 14:25:37

Message withdrawn

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 08-Sep-09 14:26:33

Message withdrawn

jetcat32 Tue 08-Sep-09 14:27:51

grin shiney

hi, i'm jetcat with a good 6 stone to lose at least but only concentrating on 2 stone at a timegrin

FiveGoMadInDorset Tue 08-Sep-09 14:28:29

Hello again

Too much weight to mention, just want to be able to go down the high street and by nice clothes not tents. Doing WW and first weigh in tomorrow.

Take it you are a Pink Floyd fan, I have ben very lucky to meet Nick Mason a few times.

FlamingoBingo Tue 08-Sep-09 14:30:37

I'm FlamingoBingo

Wanting to get to 8st9lb - currently at 9st13lb (started at 11st1lb so wanting to lose about 2.5st).

Using Food Focus and running and fitness dvds.

NaughtyAlice Tue 08-Sep-09 14:47:26

Hello, i'm Alice and i am 10st2lbs but want to get down to 9st10lbs. I am only 5ft3(and a half) so i am at the very top end of a healthy BMI currently so would just like to be healthier and change my eating habits. I use FoodFocus most of the time, especially when struggling. My biggest vice is cake smile

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 08-Sep-09 14:51:57

Message withdrawn

FiveGoMadInDorset Tue 08-Sep-09 14:52:58

Fanny would be fine. Love Enid Blyton, she is very famous around these parts, also have a boy, a girl and a dog.

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 08-Sep-09 14:56:19

Message withdrawn

HolyGuacamole Tue 08-Sep-09 14:58:51

Hi am Holy, I wanna be down to about 9 and a half stones or even ten stones. Am 10.10 just now. Mostly behave myself but have been known to lapse at weekends......but.....last weekend I was good smile

FiveGoMadInDorset Tue 08-Sep-09 15:01:13

Oh Wow!!

very jealous of your first editions. Unfortunately haven't been to Kirrin Island, but used to play Swallows and Amazons aon our local lake which was great fun.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Tue 08-Sep-09 15:07:14

I'm Ali. I want to lose 2 stone to start with, have lost 2lbs so far. I am using Food Focus too.
I am having more success with exercise than healthy eating at the moment, I'm using EA Active Sports on the Wii.
My biggest vice is pizza - and cake

pixiestix Tue 08-Sep-09 15:09:24

Can I join?!
I found out this morning that I now weigh DOUBLE what my sister does - she is very skinny but we are exactly the same height. So that officially makes me a hippo.
I have so far consoled myself with a chocolate croissant, a giant chai latte, a tuna panini and a piece of chocolate cake.
Must lose five stone.
Help me! Please help me!

FlamingoBingo Tue 08-Sep-09 15:12:02

Yes, please join us Pixie! Just leap in and post lots and lots and you'll be fine. Oh and try to eat more healthily and less food, and do exercise too wink.

Lots of different methods being employed on here, but basic premise is that cals in must be less than cals out in order to lose weight!

pixiestix Tue 08-Sep-09 15:14:56

Damn it!!! One day I know I wil find that elusive "Sit on your arse and eat chocolate" diet, and it will work wonders for me!!

CurlyQueen Tue 08-Sep-09 15:22:42

Carrying on from the last thread.

I am (usually) Trillian, I have lost the 1/2 stone I wanted to lose when I joined and am now just chatting and trying not to put it back on again (when I joined I was gaining weight for no good reason).

And I don't like blueberries so I am not eating the patented Syc blueberry yoghurt breakfast.

I've never tried a QF.

BitOfFun Tue 08-Sep-09 15:34:31

Signing in...drinking too much wine and being a slob is my vice. I haven't had a drink all week though and am edging my way off the sofa in small doses!

PlumpRumpSoggyBaps Tue 08-Sep-09 15:38:52

Greetings all!! Thanks for all the luvly welcomes on The Previous Thread. I'm glad to know that 50ftQueenie was Marthasmama- now I won't inadvertently make rude remarks about her.

Only joking, Queenie. Honest. I'm the politest Plump in the west.

Anyhoo. To day I've had -ahem- 2sliceswholemealtoastbuttermarmiteandmarmalade2ricecrackersportionlastnightsshepherdspieanapplenotwo applesand2ryvitas.

There! You couldn't make out how much I've hogged today could you? I'm so crap at dieting. I only want to lose half a stone or so as well.

BTW-may I just quickly share how very posh I now feel? I had my first Ocado delivery today and my! they are polite.

And I got a free copy of The Times. Which I actually tried to read.

PlumpRumpSoggyBaps Tue 08-Sep-09 15:40:52

Oh but I did go to the gym today.

<goody-goody>

CurlyQueen Tue 08-Sep-09 15:42:34

Butter marmite and marmalade? Get over to the UK food in US thread and recommend that for breakfast!

OOh, I like the Times, that's a good reason to get Ocado!

PlumpRumpSoggyBaps Tue 08-Sep-09 15:44:26

Well not actually together, you understand.

One of each. Together would be as repugnant as ,say, peanut butter and jelly together.

<whistles innocently>

pixiestix Tue 08-Sep-09 15:45:34

Yes, tesco give out the evil DM with their deliveries angry

OmicronPersei8 Tue 08-Sep-09 15:46:30

Can I join in too - probably 2 stone to lose (I need to buy some scales first!), I have spent the last year sitting on my arse eating in a sleepless fug, but DS now sleeps through (hurrah! Only took 16 months!) and I am suddenly full of energy, interested in what I eat and even contemplating exercise.

Buda Tue 08-Sep-09 15:53:45

Hello! Shiney invited me over from another thread.

I have about 6 stone to lose blush. And it is not happening as I spend too much time sitting on my arse MNing and snacking.

Really struggle with deciding which diet plan to follow. A general healthy eating plan sounds great in theory but I can convince myself that an entire pack of custard creams is healthy.

Have a plan in my head to declutter my house and exercise and eat low fat and low GI.

So far today I have had 2 slices of toasted Irish soda bread for breakfast, 2 coffees after school drop off, another slice of Irish bread this time with butter and jam, a turkey sandwich and 2 custard creams, another slice of the bread with 3 more custard creams. My name is Buda and I am a carboholic!

This thread is not accepting new messages.