Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

how come I regularly wear 48 hr protection deoderant/antipersperant and within about 5 mins

(17 Posts)
longtermfamilyplanning Tue 08-Sep-09 09:31:45

I'm sweating like a bloody pig angry

I put it on every stinking day. No pun intended. Sometimes twice a day i.e. morning then before work at night. I shower on a regular basis I am beautifully groomed <sniff> but I am sweaty! I hate it! My face is sweaty, my arm pits, my back. Its terrible. I wear the super strong stuff and just in the walk to take DS to preschool and back (20 mins each way) I get home and there are sweat stains on my freshly washed top! Not fair!

katylou25 Tue 08-Sep-09 09:44:35

Have you tried perspiguard - it's a 5 day deodrant that you put on overnight and leave till morning - I find it brilliant think you need to use it every other night at first and then space it out - I now use it about once a week with ordinary dove deodrant after shower in the morning - i nver seen it in the shops though you have to buy online - or eb ay often have it cheap!!

longtermfamilyplanning Tue 08-Sep-09 10:11:08

oh I'll have a look for it! I have not tried it before!

racmac Tue 08-Sep-09 10:21:59

Try Driclor - it will stop the sweating but make sure you put it on to dry clean armpits before bed and dont put too much on as it ca irritate.

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 08-Sep-09 13:13:30

Have you talked to the GP about this problem?. This warrants further investigation.

Excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis) is a recognised medical condition.

longtermfamilyplanning Tue 08-Sep-09 13:55:41

no I havent been to see GP about it but am planning on going soon to get some birth control so will mention it then.

shinyshoes Tue 08-Sep-09 14:01:50

I have exactly the same problem, I am a very clean person and stink within minutes of putting on clothes.
There was athread on this a couple of weeks back and Dricolor was mentioned. I have bought some but as yet still haven't tried it. I am determined to try it tonight (put on at night, wash off in the morning and use your regular deodrant). The pack says there will be significant improvements with 2 weeks. I let you know how I get on. smile

racmac Tue 08-Sep-09 14:48:33

Driclor is brilliant - i use to be covered in sweat patches after few minutes with normal deoderant but Driclor stopped it - only use it once every couple of months now

ilovemydogandmrobama Tue 08-Sep-09 14:57:00

Triple Dry -- you put it on at night, and it works. Didn't sweat at all during labor with DS grin

improvingslowly Tue 08-Sep-09 17:18:42

Mitchum roll on is good.

whoingodsnameami Tue 08-Sep-09 17:19:31

Another vote fot Mithum here.

girlwithapearl Tue 08-Sep-09 22:44:16

I have similar problem - although confined to just 1 armpit! Bizarre, and only started about a year ago. Get horrible wet patch and BO within minutes of walking anywhere. Will definitely try Dricolor

longtermfamilyplanning Wed 09-Sep-09 12:38:41

Mitchum roll on (48 hrs) is what I am using at the moment. I like the way it feels, not too wet and smells nice and baby powdery but it doesnt work very well for me. Triple Dry has worked well for me in the past but I keep finding it hard to find in shops. Anyway I will try these suggestions but also go to GP about it as I dont like my face getting so sweaty either and dont think I can triple dry that... grin

triffictits Wed 09-Sep-09 12:58:10

I have this problem too, but have tried Driclor and Triple Dry and they leave me in agony - they really, really sting my armpits and I end up running to wash it off after about 2 minutes!

Does anyone else suffer this with them?

racmac Wed 09-Sep-09 16:10:13

triffictits - what i have to do is wash under my arms - make sure really clean, then dry them thoroughly - walk around with arms in the air smile
apply the driclor to just the bit where the hair is (make sure havent shaved that morning) and then lie in bed with arms up so it dries.

If i do all this then it doesnt seem to irritate.

mathanxiety Wed 09-Sep-09 16:26:22

You can have a certain nerve in the armpit severed in a simple operation that will cure the problem for good. I too found some of the extra, extra strength anti-perspirants very irritating, but kept trying different kinds until I found Secret Clinical Strength in the US. Dove also does a 'clinical strength'. They have about 20% of the active ingredient, which I can't spell. Maybe drugstore.com could ship to the UK?

alypaly Wed 09-Sep-09 19:25:16

You sound as if you have hyperhydrosis and driclor is really good at stopping this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now