Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cough and cold that will not go away

(3 Posts)
MrsJamesMartin Mon 07-Sep-09 21:37:56

Hi all,

I'm getting paranoid about this now, I started with a nasty cough in mid july and developed a cold about a week later, this cold lasted ( with the cough) until end of august I had abiout 2 cold free days with very little coughing then it all came back and have been coughing , feeling tight chested and blowing my nose constantly since.

I've been to the docs twice had amoxicillin which didn't so anything dr was sure it was a viral thing, went again and he gave me a delayed script for erythromycin which I finally started yesterday.

Any ideas why this is going on for so long?

JohnnyTwoHats Mon 07-Sep-09 21:41:20

I have pretty much had exactly what you describe. Plus hacking up massive horrible thick phlegm. Haven't been to docs though as i haven't got temp etc so I know he will just say 'its a virus, go away'. It's getting on my nerves a bit now though.

MrsJamesMartin Mon 07-Sep-09 21:45:41

Yes constant thick phlegm too! How long have you had it for?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now