Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Trans vaginal sling procedure - can I drive afterwards?

(3 Posts)
OlderNotWiser Mon 07-Sep-09 20:21:14

Hiya, got the op brewing any time now (very exciting!) and Im in the process of planning my after care. Now I know I can't lift weighty toddler etc for a good few weeks after op, but is driving ok? Or how about pushing a lightweight buggy (plus toddler)? Its difficult to know just how incapacitated to expect to be. Anyone had it done recently and know what its like..? TIA for any advice!

kildare34 Wed 09-Sep-09 18:47:10

Hello there! I am going into hospital for a posterior repair in two weeks and I have been just told that I won't be able to drive for about 4 weeks, maybe less depending on how I feel.

I just can't wait for the operation to be over and done with, even though I have heard/read the recovery takes a lot out of you.

Best of luck! smile

purplepeony Wed 09-Sep-09 20:43:15

Your dr should give you all this info beforehand.

if you are JUST having TVT I think you should be okay to drive a few days after, but you must ask them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now