Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

The thrilling subjuect of .........Bunions!!!

(2 Posts)
Earlybird Thu 02-Jun-05 13:02:55

Now that my feet are emerging from winter shoes/boots, I am faced once again with looking at my unsightly bunions everytime I wear a pair of summer shoes.

I've got one on each foot, and they're quite unsightly, and I am restricted as to the kind of shoes I can wear. As long as I have on flat shoes, the bunions don't hurt. I also tend to steer away from strappy shoes, as the sight of a bunion poking through isn't exactly appealing.

I wonder if it's good to have them operated on before they give me trouble (assuming they might), or whether it's best to leave well alone. Anyone else have them? Anyone had the surgery to correct them? Was it painful, and how did you hobble around? How long before your feet felt "normal"? Better to get them both done at the same time, or one at a time?

Would love to hear from those of you who have knowledge on this.

starlover Thu 02-Jun-05 13:16:34

get them done!!! they will only get worse, and can cause hammer toes as well as they push over/under the other toes.

My aunt is due to have hers done next week. both at same time so she doesn't have to be off work for twice as long.
i think they wanted to do them separately, but she insisted...

can't remember how long they said she'd be laid up for though...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now