Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Piles. I have discovered something that makes a big difference. TMI, obviously. Seriously, if you don't have piles you really don't need to bother opening this thread.

(10 Posts)
MaMight Mon 07-Sep-09 12:01:48

I am only sharing this information because I understand the utter misery of painful piles and anything that might help a fellow sufferer should, nay, MUST be shared. It's not because I like talking about my bottom on the internet. Clear?

So. I've suffered to various degrees with piles for years. Having two enormous babies really didn't help matters. Then, last year I moved to a country where the bidet is king. Got into the habit of washing instead of wiping. Noticed a massive improvement arse-wise, but didn't connect it with the bidet use.

Last month I spent some time back in good old Blighty. Dry wiping. OUCH. It took a week to get back to being as bad as I've ever been.

Back home to the bidets and miraculous recovery.

Coincidence? I think not.

It's not a cure, but it has made things so much better that I never even think about using cream or ointment any more.

Just putting this out there for anyone who is in dispair.

<shuffles off to consider the genius of changing to shiny new name and immediately discussing own arse>

Twinsmommy Mon 07-Sep-09 12:16:22

Sorry MaMight - but just the title of your post made me open it and what a very, very funny post it was!

I am not a fellow sufferer, but have several in my family that are.

It's great to hear someone with such a good sense of humour over what can be an incredibly embarrassing and agonizing condition! I'm going to tell my auntie's of your findings!!

Thanks for the chuckle today.....

MadameCastafiore Mon 07-Sep-09 12:17:58

Blimey - is that what they are for - we all thought they were for washing your feet when on hols! grin

Glad you found something that works.

foofi Mon 07-Sep-09 12:19:33

Not sure I would know exactly what to do with the bidet, but thanks. grin

hellywobs Mon 07-Sep-09 18:02:24

Damp loo paper is also very good - like babywipes or the toddler wipes you get.

EccentricaGallumbits Mon 07-Sep-09 18:06:10

don't really get bidets. what do you wash with?

SweetnessAndShite Mon 07-Sep-09 18:06:33

Ditto Twinsmommy. I just had to open a thread with a title like that!

Seriously though - glad you've found some relief.

MmeLindt Mon 07-Sep-09 18:09:39

Ah, and I thought I was using the bidet correctly.

Pic on profile of our Bidet usage

MaMight Mon 07-Sep-09 18:48:11

grin

Amazing isn't it? Who would have thought that washing your feet / dog / keeping your beer cool in the bidet could sooth your malfunctioning arse?

MmeLindt Mon 07-Sep-09 18:54:40

We actually have a bidet in our cellar that the previous tenants had taken out. The plumbing is still there for it.

Not going to ask my DH's company to send someone to plumb in the bidet so as to give my piles relief.

Tbh, I am always more bothered with them at home in UK than over here. I always put it down to the wholemeal bread in Germany.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now