Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Yo yo dieter needs to lose about 4 stone and start living again

(11 Posts)
cahu Sun 06-Sep-09 20:43:59

Thanks Shiny, I need all the support I can get. Divorced a year ago and been prioritising everything except myself and my own health. I really need to shift the weight so that I can start living a full life again. I am a big comfort eater..... help!

Merle Sun 06-Sep-09 20:49:15

Do you think joining a group like Weight Watchers would be a good idea? I was thinking that it would be a once a week visit which would be just for you and would be a supportive environment which would help you make better choices with food.

cahu Sun 06-Sep-09 21:04:46

Have done Slimming World, Merle, years ago after birth of dd1 and was great. Can not commit to being there every week though as am on my own with dc.

Merle Sun 06-Sep-09 21:12:55

I can see it would be difficult to get there. Hmm. Maybe you don't need the hassle/deprivation of dieting. Would it be better to aim for healthy eating, rather than going on a full-on 'must lose weight asap regime'.

cahu Sun 06-Sep-09 21:20:46

Yes, you may be right, Merle. Need some discipline regarding my eating habits though as my current diet is far from healthy eating. Need to start weighing myself once a week to ensure I am making progressand not just faffing about.

Merle Sun 06-Sep-09 21:43:27

But as a starting point you could eat better to be kinder to yourself, rather than depriving yourself IYSWIM. I bet your life is busy and demanding as it is. You won't want to make it more so by eating dry Ryvitas for months on end.

cahu Sun 06-Sep-09 22:01:55

I know but getting the balance is hard as I think I just cant stop eating junk to give myself a quick fix and the more carbs etc you eat, I think the more you want to eat. I think my system needs a short , sharp shock to get away from the crap, IYSWIM.

BecauseImWorthIt Sun 06-Sep-09 22:06:15

What are you feeding your dc? I would put money on it that you make sure that they eat healthy food. So eat with them, and eat as healthily as they do.

I would also say that if SW has been a good place for you in the past that you consider getting a babysitter so that you can go again.

cahu Sun 06-Sep-09 22:21:51

You are so right, BIWI. If I could just cut the snacking, I'd be ok. Willpower seems to decrease with age in my case, anyway.

BecauseImWorthIt Mon 07-Sep-09 00:01:21

Ah well - have just turned 50 so I sympathise!

RumourOfAHurricane Mon 07-Sep-09 00:02:18

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now