Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

please advise me r.e. oral thrush

(6 Posts)
Beccles Sun 06-Sep-09 08:59:26

Message withdrawn

Beccles Sun 06-Sep-09 09:07:31

Message withdrawn

chimchar Sun 06-Sep-09 09:13:07

i had it from taking antibiotics. gp prescribed a tablet for the lower half and an oral liquid for my mouth to be taken with a dropper thing...she said that it might take up to a month for it to go it happens it went quickly, but i was horrid when i had it...i'd go back to your gp.


alypaly Sun 06-Sep-09 10:49:49

Beccles can buy daktarin oral gel which is for thrush in the mouth. My mum was prescribed Daktacort to put on the cracks on her mouth too.( you can buy small packs over the counter I think although it does say dont swallow....dont put it in your mouth) The other alternative is to take Diflucan capsule and ask for the generic one which is fluconazole( this is half the price) and this will get rid of it from both areas in a few days.
Have you been taking antibiotics recently or are you really thirsty.

Beccles Sun 06-Sep-09 19:53:44

Message withdrawn

alypaly Sun 06-Sep-09 21:10:41

dont take 2 fluconazole in such a short period of time as it is an overdose unless you are very ill.
some gps will give you daktacort to put around your mouth. Have you recently been on antibiotics or other medications. It sounds really painful

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: