Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is anyone else have itchy eyes and sneezy??

(12 Posts)
cyphercat Sat 05-Sep-09 18:46:22

Hi I have seasonal allergy (especially to tree pollens) and cat/horse allergy. I started having sneezing fits for a week now and I can't find any reason....does anybody have allergy at the moment?

mathanxiety Sun 06-Sep-09 01:54:02

Yes, ragweed and mould (which is everywhere).

BitOfFun Sun 06-Sep-09 01:57:21

I am allergic to houde dust mite, among other things...given my housekeeping skills, I am constanty snotty blush

TrillianAstra Sun 06-Sep-09 02:05:09

Not me.

I had itchy eyes earlier, but that's because I was chopping onions.

kittycatty Sun 06-Sep-09 11:21:37

I do and its driving me mad! Im suposed to take my hay fever meds untill the end of october but thought i would be ok without sad

SoupDragon Sun 06-Sep-09 11:23:16

Mould spores are particularly high at the moment, apparently.

pofacedandproud Sun 06-Sep-09 11:25:38

I have it terribly at present, think it is my new IKEA rug. Though it is not wool. Baffled.

cyphercat Sun 06-Sep-09 18:38:18

ooh.. that must be it. mould spores.. yuck and I just got a new rug which is made of wool... Maybe if I buy dustmite spray and treat it...

Katisha Sun 06-Sep-09 18:39:58

Aha - yes my eyes have been itching for a couple of days and are quite runny. Yuck.
So mould. Great.

Katisha Sun 06-Sep-09 18:40:30

But what are mould spores? What mould? Mould in general or what?

MissisBoot Sun 06-Sep-09 18:42:12

tree mould - that type of thing

mathanxiety Mon 07-Sep-09 02:55:46

Any kind of mould. It's hard to track it down because there are millions of kinds. If you're indoors a lot, then it's possibly something in your house. Check the back of all your cupboards and other spots that could be damp, warm, dark and airless -- maybe worth spraying into them with bleach and water. Go over your bathroom too. The Ikea rug could have been exposed to anything while in storage. Is it washable?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now