Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this a UTI?

(6 Posts)
LilRedWG Fri 04-Sep-09 13:33:46

I am stinging and sore pretty much constantly today. I haven't had a look to see if there's any redness yet, but it doesn't feel as though there is IYKWIM.

When I urinate it stings like buggery and at the end feels like someone is trying to pull my bladder out with a crochet hook. The tissue also looks slighty pink when I wipe (blood?).

Does this sound like an infection? No way I can get to the doctors today, so I hope not.

TIA.

ZippysMum Fri 04-Sep-09 13:37:37

Yes. Are you pg? If not, can you get to a chemist and get some 'Oasis' - seems to work really well for me. (you can't take when pg).

You might be able to 'flush out' the infection. LOADS of water with a 1/4 tsp bicarb of soda in each glass. Again, if you're pg I would go with just the water.

Be really careful - UTI's can quickly turn into nasty kidney infections.

If you are pg, you need to see a doc asap as UTI's can lead to prem labour.

HTH.

LilRedWG Fri 04-Sep-09 13:39:45

Nope, not pregnant. This serves me right for not bothering to go the loo after lovely tipsy sex the other night, doesn't it.

Will try to get to a chemist, if not today then tomorrow.

Thanks.

masonicpixiesreadthedailymail Fri 04-Sep-09 13:41:10

owwww

have you any fever or sickness or diarhoea?

Would be most likely with UTI. Tho is possible to have low level of infection and not really know. Other things could be thrush or cystitis

I'd be concerned about the blood tinged paper. I would go see someone about it. Anyway you could go to walk in centre later? Take a urine sample with you ready

LilRedWG Fri 04-Sep-09 13:43:01

No chance of getting anywhere today really, but will keep an eye on things.

LilRedWG Fri 04-Sep-09 13:44:02

No fever or sickness at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now