Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

HELP PLEASE: WTF DO I FEEL LIKE THIS!!

(5 Posts)
BigMomma3 Fri 04-Sep-09 13:09:14

I feel like I have something stuck in my chest and could faint. Just took DSs out to the soft play place and while I was sitting down reading the paper, I suddenly came over all shaky, felt like I had something stuck in my chest, lightheaded and as if I would collapse. I have had panic attacks before but nothing like this!!

I had to grab the kids and get out of there. Managed to drive home whilst terrified I would crash the car and now don't know what to do. Am worried about being with the kids alone (DH at work and not back until late tonight)as I am worried I am going to have a heart attack!! My GPs surgery are not answering the phone.

I started taking Prozac 5 days ago thinking it would bloody help and I have felt worse since I started taking it. Any advice please??? I have also posted this in Mental Health.

thumbwitch Fri 04-Sep-09 13:11:40

Call NHS Direct.
And calm down, just in case it is anxiety-related.

hayes Fri 04-Sep-09 13:11:42

can you call NHS 24 and let them know how your feeling? It may be a side effect of the medication but I don't have any experience of it

Do you have any family or friends who could come and sit with you?

BigMomma3 Fri 04-Sep-09 13:14:08

No one to come sit with me unfortunately. I will try NHS Direct. I have a feeling it is anxiety related but I cannot understand wtf this happened when I was relaxing, reading the blooming paper!

hayes Fri 04-Sep-09 13:15:40

anxiety is a bugger at times....comes and bites your bum when you least expect it

hope you feel much better soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now