Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone know anything about the Seasonal flu vaccine?

(8 Posts)
OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 03-Sep-09 21:20:50

dd always has an annual seasonal flu jab. I was in the gp surgery today and asked the receptionist when the seasonal flu jabs would be arriving. Its usually around this time that we get told to book dd in. She replied that she had no idea. She is asking daily and cannot find out.

Doesn't bode terribly well for an organised double flu vaccine campaign really. In my naive thoughts, I would have imagined that they would want to start the seasonal flu vaccine campaign as soon as possible in order to free up nurses and others for the pan flu campaign.

So, does any one here know anything (musukebba?) about when it might start?

Milliways Thu 03-Sep-09 22:26:36

Our stock arrives w/c 21st September and hundreds of pts have already booked in to the clinics.

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 04-Sep-09 10:34:25

Thank you very much Miliways So it is probably our PCT then?

Chocolateteapot Fri 04-Sep-09 10:36:01

DH has one and the first appointments are usually the middle of October at our surgery.

orangehead Fri 04-Sep-09 10:46:22

DS1 has his hospital appt for his the first week of oct

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 04-Sep-09 10:46:40

Thanks Chocolateteapot. So it is a local issue then. Next I need to find a friend at a different surgery and see if they have them and its just our surgery, or if it is a widespread local issue.

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 04-Sep-09 10:47:13

Thanks Orangehead

NorthernNell Fri 04-Sep-09 19:31:06

Our flu vacc stocks came last week, first clinics next weeks but have been jabbing 'at risk' patients as they come in for regular appointments all week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now