Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

HELP! Impetigo - how long should it take to clear up??

(7 Posts)
BigMomma3 Thu 03-Sep-09 12:44:40

DS1 (age 7) has had it for almost 3 weeks now. Ist lot of antibs did not clear it and it has spread since then, so he started on a different course 3 days ago and I still cannot see any change. Am also using Fucidin H as well. Any ideas??? He's back at school on Monday and I really wanted to get rid of it by then!!

Tortington Thu 03-Sep-09 12:45:23

that sounds a long time

does he have his own towel and everything?

noddyholder Thu 03-Sep-09 12:47:44

Ds has had this and he had 5 days of cream and it spread from his chin to his cheat and so we have had 1 week of antibiotics and it is virtually gone but not totally.Ds back to school tomorrow but doc says not infectious unless scabby It has been really hard to beat.I am also dabbing neat tea tree on it

BigMomma3 Thu 03-Sep-09 12:48:32

Yup - own towel. None of the other DCs have it. Am showering him morning and night. He does have mild excema so was wondering if that could be why. GP is useless and does not seem bothered about it! He does not have a lot of it: 1 spot on forehead and back and the rest confined to the back of legs but he does find it quite painful.

noddyholder Thu 03-Sep-09 12:51:55

My ds also has mild eczema and apparently that is why ds has it.the scratching makes the skin more open to the bacteria.ds caught it from a friend but they are in a big group of about 7 and none of the others got it yet they all slept in a tent together!

madgebettany Fri 04-Sep-09 13:30:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

madgebettany Fri 04-Sep-09 13:33:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now