Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

slimming tablets

(2 Posts)
TROLLYDOLLY77 Thu 03-Sep-09 11:25:39

Hi,
I used to take slimming tablets called Thinz from South Africa and these were amazing, but are no longer available. Has anyone tried anything else that works?
I have been prescribed Xneical from docs which is the same as Alli, but these didn't really work for me either. Any suggestions?

stripes200 Thu 03-Sep-09 11:37:08

I had reductil which are an appetite suppressant. They're only licensed to be prescribed for a year and aren't suitable for everyone as they can have some pretty serious side effects but they certainly worked for me. I lost 4 stone in a year.

You would need to see your GP about them. I'm not sure if doctors like to prescribe them as they are quite potent and carry risks but it's worth asking.

IRRC you have to be over a certain BMI to qualify.

I saw a dietician a few times and he put weight loss in a very simple way, he said as long as you are using more calories than you are taking in you will lose weight. It's as simple as that really, you can consume 1500 calories a day, made up of whatever you like really and as long as you are using 2000 in terms of the energy you are expending then you'll lose weight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now