Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ok ladies need your help......... Period Question!

(6 Posts)
charleepeters Wed 01-Jun-05 11:46:32

Before ds was born i used to have slightly irregular periods but they were always only a couple of days out of being in sinc. They were also always 4 days long never longer or shorter. After ds was born as you know i had alot of problems with bleeding after a depo poreva injection. it sorted itself out last month and i am now having my 2nd proper period since ds was born, but the last one was 11 days long and this one is up to day 5 and is showing no signs of stopping also they were laway dark brown blood, but this one is bright red and thinner than it was before. has anyone elses periods changed since having kids???

sorry this is a bit scatty and i probably havent explained it well. any advice/personal experieces much appreciated thanks xxx

pixiefish Wed 01-Jun-05 11:49:20

from my own experience my periods changed after i had dd. they became heavier and more painful. It's sorted itself out now though and I'm sure IIRC it took 3 or 4 months to sort out

ghosty Wed 01-Jun-05 12:03:25

Charleepeeters ...
My periods were up the spout completely after DD from my first period when she was 7 months until my most recent one ...
Longer, heavier, bittier (sorry if that is TMI) ... tailing off then starting up again ... last one lasted in total 12 days and the I started ovulating (I have ovulation pain so I know when that happens).
I went to the doctor and he put me on the pill for 3 months to see if that regulates things a bit ... I haven't had my period yet since I starte the pill (due on next week) but I can let you know if it has helped if you like?

WigWamBam Wed 01-Jun-05 12:07:52

When my periods first came back, they were heavier than I could ever imagine possible (I used to have to use three night-time pads at a time, and still change them every hour), they lasted about 10 days, and were more painful. They started to settle down after about four months though, and they're back to normal now (except that now they're regular as clockwork, whereas before I could go for months without one).

BellaLasagne Wed 01-Jun-05 12:13:09

I think there ought ot be some warning about this from midwives along with all the usual ante-natal stuff....

After both of my children I had "AFs from hell" and wasn't at all prepared for them. I did go to the docs after the first one because I was so worried and thought there was something wrong, but he said it was perefectly normal for them to be heavy and long for a few months. They did settle down after a few months.

I'd always get checked out with your gp or health visitor if you're worried.....

Good luck...it's horrid isn't it....I prescribe lots of dark chocolate as it's full of iron

charleepeters Wed 01-Jun-05 14:14:55

thanks for all your help girls, nice to know im not the only one! unfortunatly the only contraception i can use is condoms as i had several blood clots while pg so i can heave the pill, and the injection and mini pill ect made my life hell, and i reacted badly to the coil, but im not finding this much of a problem as were ttc!

there longer and i get the worst pains on the first day the they settle down, i was just worried that they were lasting longer than normal and they were bright red rather than darker like they used to be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now