Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Hair loss

(6 Posts)
bandbsmum Wed 01-Jun-05 09:58:59

My condition of my hair has been terrible since having my dd (7 months), it falls out in handfuls and looks dull and lifeless. A friend of my recommended taking Kelp tablets, but I was wondering if these are safe to take when breast feeding?

Slink Wed 01-Jun-05 10:02:11

Have no idea sorry but massage worked for me bit of baby oil and massage it in everyother night or at least twice a week, almonds are good too but not when your bf. sorry

bandbsmum Wed 01-Jun-05 10:50:03

Do you leave the baby oil in overnight and wash it out the next morning, or wash it straight out after massaging it in?

Slink Wed 01-Jun-05 12:15:54

LEAVE IT IN... but only put a tiny bit so that the hair does not look like a chip pan (done that) massaging help stimulate the hair.

Bugsy2 Wed 01-Jun-05 13:28:32

bandbsmum, had the same problem with mine. Had the most awful hairloss - not just the extra stuff that grew during pregnancy either.
I think you need to make sure you are getting lots of protein in your diet as that is what hair is made of.
Personally, I wouldn't go for babyoil in the hair but just rinse it out every day in a really mild shampoo & use a very light conditioner.
Agree with slink about head massage to stimulate new growth though & a good haircut.
Best new is that it will get better.

bandbsmum Wed 01-Jun-05 17:42:17

Thanks for the advice. I remember having it with my ds, who's now nearly 5 and seem to remember it went on for at least 9 months with him, so hopefully only another couple of months to go. It just looks so stubbly where it's growing back! I just end up wearing it up all the time, it's less noticeable that way! Still noboby know whether Kelp tablets are safe to take while bf??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now