Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Probably TMI but please help if you can.....

(7 Posts)
jessicasmummy Wed 01-Jun-05 09:02:20

.... i have been suffering from thrush on and off since becoming pg this time round, thought i was clear again until last night. Me and DH attempted to have sex, and i was so dry and sore, i am actually cut down there now. Never ever had a problem getting "wet" before, and it has realyl scared me. Is it normal to be like this because of the thrush or is it something i need to speak to the docs about?! Again, sorry if TMI!

munz Wed 01-Jun-05 09:28:01

i'd have a chat to the dr if u can JM, a female one obviously.

fastasleep Wed 01-Jun-05 09:29:03

I get that all the time now I'm pg...never thought to worry about it my er bits seem to go paper thin the whole way through pregnancy.... I've never had thrush whilst pregnant though!

HappyMumof2 Wed 01-Jun-05 16:08:21

Message withdrawn

jessicasmummy Wed 01-Jun-05 18:10:02

i have today, but wonder if its because of attempeted sex last night.... bloody thing... whoever said being a woman was easy is a lier!

loobywoof Thu 02-Jun-05 10:06:46

Just a thought - sometimes when thrush is happening on and off like this it is because it is passed backwards and forwards between you and your husband. Therefore it is important that when you are treated, he is too. Go to doctors - thrush is very common in pregnancy and I am certain that GP wont even want to examine you.

sheepgomeep Fri 03-Jun-05 17:24:36

yeah i'd make sure that your DH is clear from thrush too as you may be passing it back and forward between you.

I had thrush in the early stages of my pg with my dd and I also had a problem with wetness with both my pg's. I dunno why it was so but I think it's not unusual for women to go through this. I used to be so sore afterwards I would lay and cry.

If you get the all clear with the thrush and still experiencing difficulties then try a bit of KY Jelly. Worked wonders with me (ahem). If you still are worried maybe a trip to the doc or your midwife might set you at ease.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now