Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Stiff neck...any quick solution at hand ?

(6 Posts)
MamanFlo Wed 01-Jun-05 08:59:55

Hi

My neck is blocked and really stiff on the right hand side...I need this resolved asap as I am due to travel (with baby daughter!) tomorrow....

Do you have any advice ? medicine ? (last time I went to see a chiropractor but I recovered in a week....and I need this resolved pretty quick I am afraid...)

thanks !

Flo

LIZS Wed 01-Jun-05 09:08:29

Heat pads and ibrupofen, either as gel or nurofen ?

Hausfrau Wed 01-Jun-05 09:18:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Arabica Wed 01-Jun-05 16:45:03

Hi, this has happened to me quite a lot--I would recommend alternating cold packs (bag of frozen peas wrapped in tea towel) and hot water bottle, give them 20 mins each...

Chocol8 Wed 01-Jun-05 18:41:06

My Nan always said to go to sleep wearing a silk scarf tied round your neck - but I used a cotton one cos I didn't have a silk one, but I always do that and it really does help. Make sure you don't take it off if the air is cold as it could stiffen again. Hope it feels better soon.

mancmum Wed 01-Jun-05 19:10:32

exercises -- I use to see a physio for stiff neck and the exercises are fab... do a google for some

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now