Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

yellow tongue

(17 Posts)
sweetmonkey Wed 01-Jun-05 08:49:55

just wondering if anyone can help me please. my dp gave up smoking about 6 weeks ago. for the last couple of weeks his tongue has been bright yellow and it is not v nice. he went to docs yest who said they had never seen it before and they thought it might be phycosymatic? and if it was still the same in a couple of weeks to go back to see them
just wondered if anyone had experienced this as the docs said it def isnt anything to do with giving up smoking and my dp is quite concerned
TIA

HappyDaddy Wed 01-Jun-05 08:52:27

Does he brush his tongue when he brushes his teeth? That might help.

Hey Sweetie, how's your email?

sweetmonkey Wed 01-Jun-05 08:54:44

yeah i suggested tongue scraper as well. email still down. think me and him might all be coming to an end (again) soon. ho hum

hows you

HappyDaddy Wed 01-Jun-05 08:56:43

Oh no, can you talk about it? Do you have any other email you can use?

Hope you're ok.

sweetmonkey Wed 01-Jun-05 09:00:22

it wont let me log onto aol either, basically hes being same as before , drinking lots and not being too nice, would walk away but scared of being alone.

oh well thats life

hows things yr end

HappyDaddy Wed 01-Jun-05 09:01:45

do you have work email you could use?

no need to be scared of being alone, you're young and you have family around you. you'll be better off without him.

sweetmonkey Wed 01-Jun-05 09:04:01

no all work ones are checked. he didnt seem too bad last night although he was drunk when i met him. he was meant to be cooking diner but was down the pub. not sure what to do. dont wanna rely on my family as they have their own partners and probs.
need to win the lottery tonight and sod off to jamiaca!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HappyDaddy Wed 01-Jun-05 09:10:16

not a question of relying on them but they are there if you need them. you already live with them so it's not like you have to move out of his place, is it? You're stronger than you think. Dump his useless ar** and let him go back to his pub mates.

sweetmonkey Wed 01-Jun-05 09:12:34

but i love him....................

HappyDaddy Wed 01-Jun-05 09:17:35

Sorry, I'm not trying to badger you. I just think you're worth more than that.

sweetmonkey Wed 01-Jun-05 09:20:10

thanks . guess im just destined to be miserable.LOL

he's using up nearly all his chances though. dunno why he has these stages of being a complete nob end and then goes all nice again. he is so lovely when he is being nice

Mud Wed 01-Jun-05 09:22:49

is he substituting smoking with something else oral? some kind of sweet or chewing gum?

HappyDaddy Wed 01-Jun-05 09:23:26

He's taking you forgranted, that's why. He's nice when he thinks you've had enough then he slips back into old habits. It happens a lot.

sweetmonkey Wed 01-Jun-05 09:23:57

no, no patches or gum or anything, im starting to think it might be the amount of drinking hes been doing lately.

sweetmonkey Wed 01-Jun-05 09:25:30

well do you know any men say mid to late 30s or 40s that wanna settle down with me and have babies?
thats all i wanna do

HappyDaddy Wed 01-Jun-05 09:26:27

maybe you should date a couple first? you might scare them off with "hi, my names sweetmonkey, would you like to get me pregnant?"

sweetmonkey Wed 01-Jun-05 09:29:21

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: