Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ignoring my other health problems, let's concentrate on my back!

(6 Posts)
Saltire Wed 02-Sep-09 10:16:08

I fell at work in June, got a bit bruised but nothing serious.
Then on holiday I was leanign over and my back went. I was unable to move at all for about 4 days, then saw a doc at my mums who gave me diazepam, diclofenic and co-codamol. Eventually I got slowly better, however, now I am at the point where I can walk pretty well, but I still can't bend or lift.
I was due to go back to wrok ont eh 10th August, I got a sickline from my GP - didn't see him it was arranged over the phone, and a follow up sicknote which runs out on Tuesday. But I need this to get better - A) I'm bored,B) I'm losing money being off which I can't afford,C) I feel I'm just being signed off, my docotr has never examined me at all he's never even seen me.

Any suggestions?
Also forgot to add that I will be facing disciplinary at work for being off as this is my third illness since January

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 02-Sep-09 10:27:31

I would insist on seeing the doctor and maybe pushing for a referal to a physio depending on the diagnosis. I have a very poor back, my L1/S5 disc is very unstable and often prolapses. The doctor is being negligent IMO.

Saltire Wed 02-Sep-09 10:32:26

Thing is, my GPs surgery just gives out appointments on a 2 week in advance basis. So to get a regular appointment, I'm going to have to get signed off again on Tuesday, and then tomorrow make an appointment for 2 weeks so I can actually see him.IYSWIM

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 02-Sep-09 10:33:33

Would an osteopath be helpful for you?

alypaly Wed 02-Sep-09 10:44:03

the muscles in your back have probably gone into spasm. you need to see a physio to get them loosened up. the same thing has happened to my son recently and although he has no obvious back injury now he has got definite muscle spasm and the physio could feel the offending muscle yesterday. She has given him alot of exercises

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 02-Sep-09 11:00:29

Demand an emergency appointment. How is it possible in this day and age that you must plan to be sick two weeks in advance. Outrageous.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now