Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How much weight (if any) do you put on during your period?

(8 Posts)
scroobiuspirate Wed 02-Sep-09 09:53:58

I am back to having periods again, ( long time on mini pill)and also trying to lose weight, and have been amazed at the fluctuation. I guess i have just forgotten!

3lbs since monday, well depressing!!

scroobiuspirate Wed 02-Sep-09 09:57:14

Joolsiam Wed 02-Sep-09 10:00:30

It is not just during my period - soon after ovulation, my stomach bloats up like a beach ball - 5lbs on in 2 days and it will probably be half a stone on the day my period starts. I have to have 2 wardrobes !

odearyme Wed 02-Sep-09 10:03:05

I am the same, I just put on 4 pounds for my period, but I'm on the last day now, and it's completely gone. For ovulation I swell right up, but only put on a pound or two.
I also have different clothes!

OrmIrian Wed 02-Sep-09 10:03:16

It's getting worse as I get older. My belly looks about 4m pregnant atm hmm And worst of all I am premenopausal and my 'periods' are just weird - none for weeks and then 2 in 5 weeks. ATm i am in the throes of one that keeps stopping and starting. And swollen up like a balloon. I don't know how much it is in weight though.

scroobiuspirate Wed 02-Sep-09 10:03:30

god, half a stone, that's alot of clothes to think of.

I put my jeans on yesterday, and thye felt small allover, do think it's water retention? Does water retention happen in your legs?!!!

scroobiuspirate Wed 02-Sep-09 10:06:38

ormirin, yes ithtink mine might be changing, i just turned 40 this yr, and it's my first af for about 2 yrs.

yet it's my boobs that took the complete piss, on day 22(onwards) i got out of bed and my god they were killing. it was a real shock!!

Joolsiam Wed 02-Sep-09 10:37:12

Scroobius - I turn 40 later this year, so maybe it is an age thing ?

Hopefully not menopausal in my case though, still TTC#1 and I know I can conceive still - have done 3 times in the last 12 months !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now