Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Are there any DENTISTS around? My gum has come away from my teeth!

(7 Posts)
4andnotout Tue 01-Sep-09 21:28:04

My bottom gum has come away from my two middle teeth! I'm so worried that my teeth are going to fall out,they are not wobbly. Any advice (especially about finding an nhs dentist!)

Goober Tue 01-Sep-09 21:28:58

Are you a smoker?

4andnotout Tue 01-Sep-09 21:30:07

No i havent smoked in years but i did have my lip pierced years ago which rubbed into the gum.

Goober Tue 01-Sep-09 21:32:49

Sorry, not a dentist, just know of a person whose teeth are just about hanging in there by a thread, look awfull, she smokes 60 a day.

4andnotout Tue 01-Sep-09 21:35:36

Lucky for me it's only the two bottom teeth and the gum is still up against them but with a gap between the gum and my teeth iyswim?

StayFrostysSister Tue 01-Sep-09 21:35:52

Are you pg? I get awful receding gums during pg, but it clears up after giving birth.

4andnotout Tue 01-Sep-09 21:40:31

No i'm not pregnant now but dd4 is only 10 months and there was only 3 months between giving birth to dd3 and then being pregnant again with dd4 which could maybe be a factor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now