Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any eye experts? Why does my left eye "feel" permanently sticky, and a tiny bit blurry?

(6 Posts)
Milliways Tue 01-Sep-09 21:20:35

I had my eyes tested recently, and mentioned the sticky feeling. Was told that eye is a little long sighted so I will get reading glasses (+1.5 total in L eye, +.75 in R).

No problems seen, all pronounced healthy.

It drives me mad, I keep pulling the lower lid down to "unstick" it, but there is NO discharge/gunk/whatever.

It does occassionally seem blurred as well, but maybe the glasses will help that when they arrive?

Any ideas?

magso Wed 02-Sep-09 09:52:31

Can only suggest you go back to the optometrist who examined your eyes - if the glasses do not stop the sticky feeling.

alypaly Wed 02-Sep-09 10:23:39

glasses wont stop the sticky feeling. did your optometrist put the little papers in you eye to test for amount of fluid. They leave a small piece of stuff similar to blotting paper in your eye for a set time to test for fluid. You may have a condition called dry eyes in which case hypromellose or lubritears or lacrilube is really good. they are fine to try anyway as they have noe drugs in them...they are just a lubricant and they really helped me. there are about 6 diferent ones of varying thickness depending on how bad your eyes are. hypromellose is the thinnest and u can put them in your eyes as often as u want and i think lacrilube is the thickest. i will just go upstairs and check which one i use( have been through them all) as i have found the one in the middle category the most helpful

Milliways Wed 02-Sep-09 17:10:37

Thanks both

I phoned my GP today as I have a few weird things going on at the moment and this may be related. He is going to chase the hospital for the results of my MRI scan. If that proves clear then I will go back to Optician.

Thanks again.

alypaly Wed 02-Sep-09 18:39:42

sticky eyes can be caused by an arthritic condition so if you are being tested for that i would mention it to the doc

Callum123 Sat 08-Feb-14 21:27:40

Sticky left eye/eye lid can also be caused by your diet. Reduce your carbohydrates and sugar intake for a few days and see if it clears up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now