Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Rheumatoid Arthritis and the Pregnant Woman

(4 Posts)
StrangelyBzar Tue 31-May-05 22:40:20

During both my pregnancies, my RA went into remission and came back with a vengence about 7 weeks after giving birth. The rheumatologist had warned me of the possibility. Just wondering how common this is. Has anybody else experienced the same thing?

ruty Wed 01-Jun-05 09:26:53

i have sjogren's which gives me bad joints sometimes. got almost non existent during pregnancy, now, 8 months later get some pain in joints again. are you under a special obstetrician cos of your antibodies? I was.

StrangelyBzar Sat 04-Jun-05 20:47:28

Hi ruty - when I was pregnant I was seen very regularly by the Obs Cons, (more so than during my first pregnancy) but my RA consultant was virtually non-existent.
Once I stop breast feeding my baby, I will be put onto methotrixate, so I shall see how that goes.
What was your obstetrician specifically looking for?

ruty Sun 05-Jun-05 11:58:24

ANA snd anti ro antibodies, can cause probs but thankfully didn't. my joints are pretty ok now, just the odd bad joint but cope without painkillers. hope yours improves again! all these auto immune probs are so strange.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now