Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I have a date tomorrow and a coldsore has come up (sob). It's not going to go in time is it? (sob)

(19 Posts)
FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Tue 01-Sep-09 20:31:51

I have tried zovirax, it's a little blister but my lip is a little swollen and a little red. I have put a compeed patch on it, last time I did this it ripped the skin off my lip when I took it off.

I'm having a really bad day sad (sob)

supersalstrawberry Tue 01-Sep-09 20:38:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Tue 01-Sep-09 20:40:56

sad All I want to do is kiss the bloke! sad

Surfermum Tue 01-Sep-09 20:43:10

L-Lysine is really good. You can get them from a health food store.

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Tue 01-Sep-09 20:45:29

Ohh, I#ve not heard of that, how quickly does it work?? (hoping) smile

Sparkler Tue 01-Sep-09 20:49:54

I don't suffer with cold sores but my sister does and she uses toothpaste. I have absolutely no idea if this is what you should do but I think it helps her.

Corporalcornsilk Tue 01-Sep-09 20:52:59

Oh dear Fluffy!

MmeLindt Tue 01-Sep-09 20:54:25

Oh, what a pain. I hate cold sores.

I have got one at the moment too. Have the compeed patch on it. The trick with them is to wait until the patch pretty much falls off. Don't try and take it off too early.

This is the 3rd or 4th this year already. Very annoying. I get them when I am stressed.

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Tue 01-Sep-09 20:54:31

sad sob!

The school said no aswell (sob) said it was better to leave him where he is to give him stability, he didn't seem interested about the fact ds is being bullied and is bored ridgid at his current school. sad

msrisotto Tue 01-Sep-09 20:55:19

Don't worry!

I used to get cold sores all the time. I had a really badly swollen once with gross oozing bubbles and everything on it, i thought EVERYONE would notice but my friends didn't notice until i pointed it out. I thought they were being nice in not mentioning it but it's like a new haircut - sometimes it just doesnt stand out!

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Tue 01-Sep-09 20:56:34

The cold sore's not too much of a problem, I just want to kiss the bloke!!! sad

MmeLindt Tue 01-Sep-09 21:04:31

I got one shortly before my DB's wedding. They normally take at least 5 days to go away. Sorry.

Corporalcornsilk Tue 01-Sep-09 21:06:39

I never notice coldsores. You could play hard to get as a contingency plan?

Surfermum Tue 01-Sep-09 21:07:14

I got rid of one in 2 days with Lysine and a compeed patch.

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Tue 01-Sep-09 21:07:19

sad (sob)

Thankyou.

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Tue 01-Sep-09 21:08:28

2 days. The compeed's on (wonders if her neighbour has lysine?) hmm

BitOfFun Tue 01-Sep-09 21:15:14

At least you won't be tempted to give him a blowie...but best not shave your legs either, just in case, eh? wink

MmeLindt Tue 01-Sep-09 21:18:23

LOL at BOF

Off to google Lysine. Sounds good.

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Tue 01-Sep-09 21:27:24

ROFL!! Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now