Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Rather personal vasectomy question!!!!!

(11 Posts)
Sallyallyally Tue 01-Sep-09 14:08:53

Not sure how to phrase this so may as well just go for it!!!! My DH is considering a vasectomy (hurray!), but is worried that the process will affect the quantity or colour of it all!!!! Not sure why the colour should be an issue, but hey ho..thought I'd try and find out. Can anyone help?!!!!! blush

fishflange Tue 01-Sep-09 14:15:37

DH had one in January. No difference to any um effluent!
And, rather worryingly, he is more erm 'up for it'. For want of a better phrase blush

MyCatIsAFleaBagNoMore Tue 01-Sep-09 14:18:13

My DH having one in Oct so don't know yet (but v pleased to hear he may be more up for it). My best friends DH had one yrs ago and she said it made no diff to anything.

Hassled Tue 01-Sep-09 14:18:35

Only difference with DH was that his sperm no longer smells of anything at all. Which is a Good Thing. No change in quality/colour/appearance/anything else.

bumpybecky Tue 01-Sep-09 14:20:12

I can't believe I'm going to ask this, but...

if the smell has gone, does it taste any different? blush

doggiesayswoof Tue 01-Sep-09 14:22:32

No discernible difference at all.

Same colour, same quantity etc.

He won't notice any difference in <ahem> function either, according to DH.

doggiesayswoof Tue 01-Sep-09 14:22:58

Hassled how odd!

Sallyallyally Tue 01-Sep-09 14:53:03

Thanks so much for your help..knew I could rely on mumsnet..DH has been googling it and come across all sorts of dodgy sites but no real answers. You are all wonderful smile

loopylou6 Tue 01-Sep-09 22:23:10

My DH is a little more..um...watery?

weegiemum Tue 01-Sep-09 22:23:58

I've not noticed any difference at all.

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 02-Sep-09 09:36:47

Just make sure you follow the instructions regarding post surgery tube clearance. My cousin was the result of living in the Hebrides without easy access to a laboratory

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now