Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

My Sick line states General debility - Do i need to explain to work exactly what's wrong with me?

(4 Posts)
MrsMoody Tue 01-Sep-09 09:02:47

I got a line last week (and going to ask for another) but I'm worried that at work when I go back they will want to know exactly what's wrong. I work in a very nosey and bitchy environement and I'm not looking forward to being grilled about my reasons for being off. I would have thought an official sick line would be sufficient but getting anxious that it might not be enough.

Hulababy Tue 01-Sep-09 09:10:19

No you don't. My sick note last time just said medication side affects. Work were not told more. Only people I did speak to about the original time off was hr in confidence.

LadyMuck Tue 01-Sep-09 09:11:54

Do you have an occupational health department? If so they may interview you to assess whether there are any HSE ramifications.

MrsMoody Tue 01-Sep-09 09:16:08

There is an Occupational health dept, but we usually get a Back to Work interview from our team leader, not Occ Health. I'd be happier telling HR or OCc Health than work because nothing gets kept a secret for long, and work has really got me down lately.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now