Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Just plotted DS1's height on a height chart and he is completely off the bottom

(2 Posts)
SparklyGothKat Tue 01-Sep-09 00:46:12

Ds1 is 12 in december and is only 122cms tall. Great Ormond street mentioned his height recently but I thought he was ok, I am only 5ft tall myself so just assumed he is like me. But when I checked his height on a chart he has fallen completely off the bottom scale. He was always on the lower percentiles when younger, not sure when he dropped off but he hasn't grown much in the last few years. SHould I be worried?

GreensleevesFlouncedLikeAKnob Tue 01-Sep-09 00:49:38

I don't know sparkly, but I think it's common for some little boys to be small until they hit a massive growth spurt at around 12-15yo - maybe he is following that pattern? My brother was always the smallest in his year, he was called "shrimp" etc and had confidence issues because of it - but then he shot up like a weed when he was about 14

If he's under the care of docs at GOSH, hopefully they will keep and eye on him, does that take any of the worry out of it for you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now