Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

sebaceous cysts on scalp

(4 Posts)
binker Fri 16-May-03 14:44:49

eeew ! I was wondering whether anyone else has had these pesky things - apparently they can run in families - my mum and brother have both had them - I seem to be very prone and have had lots,mostly small, but then I've had them removed before they got too big. I hate having them - does anyone know how they might be prevented ? any homeopathic treatments ? I 'd be extremely grateful !

sb34 Sat 17-May-03 21:20:22

Message withdrawn

janh Sat 17-May-03 21:51:26

I have had a couple of these, binker - liveable with until I got one on the crown at the right/back of my head, right where I used to lean my head on the car window - ouch - not sure how big it was exactly but felt about 3 cm.

Had it removed under a local anaesthetic by my GP. Slightly painful but no big deal and better out than in.

Have had various other cysty things - my dad and my brother had them too - I think it's just a family thing and I don't think it's preventable?

binker Wed 21-May-03 13:21:40

thanks sb34 and janh - my hairdresser suggested massaging them when you shampoo,which I try to remember to do- I guess I'll put up with them, it could be worse !

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: