Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Poorly Baby -how long does it usually take?

(7 Posts)
WidowWadman Mon 31-Aug-09 19:09:21

The babe has been having a temperature and general malaise for 3 days now, and apart from short spells of playfulness is very clingy and sleepy.

Had her seen by the out of hours doc on Saturday night, who said it's just a normal cold, ears and throat were fine, she's just a little snotty. So I alternate Calpol and Baby Nurofen , but I just wonder how long this is going to last?

mathanxiety Mon 31-Aug-09 19:20:52

Try to keep her head up as much as possible, even while sleeping, which may keep her from getting all stuffed up and unable to sleep. I hate baby colds. They are so helpless, can't even blow their noses.

singalongamumum Mon 31-Aug-09 19:24:31

Hopefully you'll see an improvement over the next 2 days. Hope she gets better soon- it's always horrible when they're ill, especially when you can't explain to them what's happening.

cookielove Mon 31-Aug-09 19:28:41

you can put pillows underneath the matteress to give a gentle slope for the baby to sleep on

cookielove Mon 31-Aug-09 19:30:31

or buy something like this but not sure its worth it just for this

WidowWadman Mon 31-Aug-09 21:20:22

Thanks for the answers. The snottiness isn't the worst, it's the temperature and grumpiness which worries me.

singalongamumum Wed 02-Sep-09 16:58:30

How is she doing Wadman? I've just had a thought, probably a bit belated, that when my DS was sick like that once I gave him some baby multivitamins and he perked up quite quickly after that- seemed to give him the boost he needed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now