We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Kidney infection?

(10 Posts)
beatiebow Mon 31-Aug-09 12:06:23

I have never had a kidney infection so just guessing. Pain started last night (more discomfort than pain really) in lower back/side. Felt like the feeling that accompanies having a full bladder but discomfort continued after weeing. It's still here this morning-does anyone think this is a kidney infection (doesn't hurt to wee)??

bargainhuntingbetty Mon 31-Aug-09 12:08:54

Does your wee smell??? I get frequent kidney infection due to stones in one kidney and I dont get pain when I wee but it does smell. Are you having to go more than usual?@?

cookielove Mon 31-Aug-09 12:13:14

i had the exact same problem, and did have an infection, i had about 8 over the space of 3 months and then they just stopped, same feeling ache in the back but also in the front and also feeling like i need to wee all the time and feeling really un comfortable, but no actual pain when weeing!!

The first time i left it a couple weeks before going to the doc's they said if i had left it any longer i would of been in hospital, and then i was put on very strong antibiotics, so i would suggest you go, i think i had urine infections is that different from kidney i'm not sure?

beatiebow Mon 31-Aug-09 12:33:27

I haven't noticed a smell-will have to check! Hard to tell if I am going more than usual as I normally have two coffees in the morning and have to go a lot anyway.
Wish this pain would shift! (If it IS an infection will I need antibiotics?)

beatiebow Mon 31-Aug-09 12:35:38

Mmmmm-maybe I will ring doc tomorrow if pain still there? Don't want to make an appointment if pain is just going to disappear but then again I don't know when I'll get an appointment. Thank you both anyhow.

cookielove Mon 31-Aug-09 12:40:31

i was given antibitoics for the first few and then i was given a repeat prescription, as my doc said that i could tell if had one, but i didn't want to kepp taking antibiotics so i just cut back on tea, and fizzy drinks, and drank lots of water and that helped clear my system, may help if you stop the coffee but not sure

beatiebow Mon 31-Aug-09 12:43:37

I should really try and stop the coffee but am feeling a little bit addicted. Well, maybe not addicted but it is the highlight of my morning (perhaps that is addiction?).

cookielove Mon 31-Aug-09 12:45:25

Maybe just drop it for a a couple of days and up your water intake, see if the you improve if you don't go to the docs

beatiebow Mon 31-Aug-09 12:45:51

Thanks, will give that a go.

cookielove Mon 31-Aug-09 12:46:52

your welcome grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now