Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any Mirena users on?? Need advice re my coil

(10 Posts)
bargainhuntingbetty Sun 30-Aug-09 20:46:35

I got it fitted in Feb due to continual bleeding. Am still bleeding with the damn thing only it seems to be getting worse not better. Initially I felt much better with it in but now I am starting to get regular headaches which make me feel sick and I am having lots of 'swelly bellies' which I wasnt having, someone tell me all this will go away. PLEASE

bargainhuntingbetty Sun 30-Aug-09 20:52:25

??????

bargainhuntingbetty Sun 30-Aug-09 20:57:05

Maybe someone will come on later, I will check back.

bluejeans Sun 30-Aug-09 21:00:03

Hi Betty

Doesn't sound right to me - I've had mine for 3.5 years and had on-off bleeding for a couple of months then fine ever since - don't get periods at all (though I have put on over a stone unfortunately)

I would seek help - possibly worth going somewhere like a family planning clinic where they might have more experience/knowledge than a GP/health centre. (When I had a smear test last year the nurse said she couldn't see the thread of the coil which was slightly alarming so went to the fpc and they were very helpful)

Good luck, sounds like you're having a really bad time with it

Wilts Sun 30-Aug-09 21:01:11

I had about six months or irregular bleeding when I had mine fitted.

No headaches though, maybe it is worth you going back to the Dr for a chat.

I am now two years down the line with my Mirena and still have random bleeding which can be irritating, but for contraceptive convenience I am willing to put up with this for the time being.

I think if you search the archives you will find tons of other threads on Mirena, there are lots of people that have had a really bad time with it.

bargainhuntingbetty Sun 30-Aug-09 21:02:40

I have had almost daly bleeding with it, I think I have had in total about a week with no bleeding. Am really sick of it now sad. I cant find how to search the archives tho?

Wilts Sun 30-Aug-09 21:05:41

If you click on advanced search- towards the top on the right hand side, you can type in Mirena and it will bring up lots of old threads.

Wilts Sun 30-Aug-09 21:07:31

I was told to give mine six months to see how it settled down. You have given yours a fair go so I would defiantly go back for a chat .

bargainhuntingbetty Sun 30-Aug-09 21:09:05

Yeah I think an appointment is def needed. Thanks

bargainhuntingbetty Sun 30-Aug-09 21:18:20

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now