Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

what are those clear plasters without a pad called?

(13 Posts)
Aranea Sat 29-Aug-09 20:16:23

Help! dd1 has a huge graze, and in the past I have used these fantastic graze plasters which are clear and have no pad at all. They just stick right over the whole wound and you leave it there till it has healed. They stop it scabbing and it goes in the bath. They're fab and I can't find them in the local chemists - and I can't remember what they're called or who makes them! Can anyone help?

cocolepew Sat 29-Aug-09 20:17:11

Sellotape

Aranea Sat 29-Aug-09 20:18:32

ho ho

cocolepew Sat 29-Aug-09 20:22:00

Sorry blush

aJumpedUpPantryBoy Sat 29-Aug-09 20:26:17

Fast Aid Plus Advanced
They have lost of different types, for burns/blisters/cuts
They are pricey, but amazing

ZippysMum Sat 29-Aug-09 20:26:32

Its not Compeed you are after, is it? The stuff you use for blisters?

Aranea Sat 29-Aug-09 20:31:38

No, not compeed - but those Fast Aid ones look very much like them. Thanks PantryBoy! I think they're a different make from the ones I've had before, but look like the same thing. Do you know if Boots sell them?

aJumpedUpPantryBoy Sat 29-Aug-09 20:36:08

I got mine in a Lloyds Chemist. I used one when I sliced my finger open and it was so deep I thought I needed stitches, it was brilliant - you just wrap it around the wound and it heals underneath.
I now keep a pack as I am accident prone in case of emergency

Aranea Sat 29-Aug-09 20:41:46

thanks! I really hope I can get hold of some, as dd1 gets quite hysterical about replacing plasters, and this would stop all that. Plus she could easily swim in it.

LadyOfTheFlowers Sat 29-Aug-09 20:45:34

Yes. FastAid is the ones I have - are like the thing they stick over Emla cream on childrens hands ready for bloodtests etc.

Do heed the instructions tho and leave it on for the time it says and DON'T, come hell or high water, try to remove it before hand (like DH did) even if you get 'annoying little edge bits coming up that are all grey with fluff round the edges' as this causes profuse bleeding once more - even if wound was not bleeding when you applied it.

skymoo Sat 29-Aug-09 20:52:25

are they called 'op site'? I had some when I gashed my leg open hth

Macdog Sat 29-Aug-09 20:57:06

Boots sell their own hydrocolloid plasters which are the same thing

Aranea Sat 29-Aug-09 21:26:42

thanks macdog - that means I can definitely get some in the morning and prevent all the plaster-related hysteria over the next few days!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now