Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DD (6) complaining of lower back pain

(15 Posts)
Mistymoo Thu 27-Aug-09 19:19:29

She has been ill over the past 2 days, sore head, sore throat and temp. She has mentioned a sore back quite a few times today, more increasingly this evening. Any ideas what's wrong?

morningpaper Thu 27-Aug-09 19:21:54

kidney infection?

I would take to out of hours GP to get a urine sample pronto

Mistymoo Thu 27-Aug-09 19:24:44

Will they be able to test there and then?

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Thu 27-Aug-09 19:24:46

I'd also say a UTI, it's best to get her seen by the out of hours.

I hope she's OK. sad

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Thu 27-Aug-09 19:25:34

They can dip it to check for protein and blood, which indicates a UTI/kindey infection.

Mistymoo Thu 27-Aug-09 19:30:52

Am phoning nhs 24 now

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Thu 27-Aug-09 19:34:11

smile

Mistymoo Thu 27-Aug-09 19:42:43

Am now waiting for them to call back with an appt.

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Thu 27-Aug-09 19:43:47

Brilliant.

I hope she's OK, she sounds quite ill, poor mite. sad Is she drinking OK?

morningpaper Thu 27-Aug-09 19:44:41

Jolly good - hope you get seen reasonably quickly

You should sterilise a jar and try and take some wee with you - save waiting around drumming your fingers whle she sits on the toilet looking miserable

Mistymoo Thu 27-Aug-09 19:47:51

I have wee in a jar already. She has been drinking plenty of water today so that's a good thing. She slept for about 3 hours this afternoon, as did her brother who isn't too good either but not complaining about anything at the moment.

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Thu 27-Aug-09 19:52:22

sad
Keep us posted.

Mistymoo Thu 27-Aug-09 20:32:47

Thanks for all your posts. We have been, (I have never been in and out that place so quickly), saw our own GP and he said there is nothing in her urine apart from keytones(?) which is because she hasn't eaten very much. He thinks it is just part of the bug that the family have at the moment. Hopefully she will improve quickly.

morningpaper Thu 27-Aug-09 20:38:43

Oh good! Out of hours is usually surprisingly efficient, I find. Hope she perks up soon.

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Thu 27-Aug-09 22:09:01

smile That's really good news, UTI's can get nasty.

I hope she's on the mend soon and she gets to enjoy the rest of her summer holidays.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now